Saturday, January 17, 2009

WTF

Good grief!!!!!!

Ok so after the baby was born I hoped to get down to 135 and stay there.... or at least around there. I didn't worry too much when I hit 130 (although I did a bit)... or even when I slipped another couple of pounds from there. As I got closer (and closer) to 120 I did though... I need to be at least that and once again saw that slipping by. I knew I was going to once again have a hard time staying in a healthy weight range (for my height and build I should be between 120 and 130 I believe... 2o is the lowest though for sure).

So yesterday, after months of bouncing around that number, I was talking on the phone about healthy weight and decided that I should weigh myself and did... with my phone mind you (so sub a bit from this...) and it said 115!!!! Noooooooooooooo....

And yet... my pre-pregnancy jeans still don't fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that even right? I'm a pound more (with the phone lol) than I was when I went to my first prenatal visit, but I can't wear the jeans that fit me for at least a month after that. WTH?

I wouldn't care so much but grabbed one pair this morning (accidentally) thinking they were the similar ones I bought after giving birth (I really liked them lol) and got stuck. Then a few min ago I started to get dressed to go out (MIL's bday) and wanted to wear my boots so decided to attempt my Wranglers... I got in but button won't go anywhere near the other... it's like there's the magnates on each end that repell each other. Stupid jeans.

I've got to get ready now though... grrrrr

5 comments:

  1. First of all ... grrrr to you! I can't shed this baby weight for anything.

    But this I do know, after pregnancy and child birth, your hips spread. I hate it, but I also use it as an excuse as to why I will never fit in my old clothes again. And one day, after I lose some more of this weight (ha), I'll use it as an excuse to buy more clothes. ;) Although, that means that we'll have to be able to afford for me to buy more clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I've always had trouble with this... It's aggravating because, well obviously it's unhealthy, but people used to assume that I was anorexic or bulemic. I was accused of it by multiple people. It doesn't help that because of my blood sugar I have to eat 7 smaller meals in a day, so it looks like I'm eating less (although I can put it away if it's one of my fav foods or if I miss one for one reason or another) and people comment about that. I tend to get really touchy about it...

    I hadn't thought about the hips thing. That does make a lot of sense. Plus I'll be the first to admit that I still have a bit of tummy left over... It's normal and I know that... and I also know I'm not likely to get rid of it anytime soon lol... not even gonna try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am suppose to be at the same weight you are but I have the other problem... nearly 100 over :-P I know it can be frustrating though because you really don't want to look like a bean poll...lol. Sorry you can't fit... do some tommy crunches... ohhh or more fun some belly dancing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok so if I had read your comment my comment would have looked differently..... lol. :-) but besides that I hope you took it jokingly and not seriously... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL no I knew you didn't mean it that way... it sounded joking... not anywhere near other comments I've gotten.

    No crunches for me.. those hurt lol. Belly dancing does sound fun if only I can catch the show on tv!!!

    ReplyDelete