Monday, January 12, 2009

No Doctors????

Exactly what I was afraid of happened... My FIL has decided that he's not comfortable w/ the birthing center... because there will be no "doctors" there!

Now... my husband had said that we would still do it if he didn't "approve" but when we talked after that came out he was acting like he's having second thoughts as well... I managed to answer a couple of his questions, but I know I've still got my work cut out for me and honestly I'm a bit aggrivated. It's bad enough, hard enough, knowing I've got to deal w/ the family... but when they cause my husband to doubt... grrrrrrr!!!!

I've already emailed the midwife, asked advice from some cafemom mommies and talked to my cousin... but still....

2 comments:

  1. Grrr ... Blogger is being stupid. So if this comment or something similar shows up 14 times, it's blogger's fault, not mine.


    I'm sorry! But it sounds like you're seeking advice from some great sources. I have none as I've never been there, but I think you have it handled.

    The one time my fil tryed to influence my husband's decision, he heard from me. Apparently sometimes I DO command respect over the phone. (Check out that gripe if you haven't yet.) I probably lucked out having really easy-going il's as well, though. So far any other time they haven't agreed w/ our/my decisions, Becky's called me and I've let her know that we stand firm and she drops it quickly.

    Good luck with dealing w/ him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about blogger probs lol.

    Yeah, thankfully I've been down this road before when my cousin first started talking about having a homebirth. So I had a bunch of the research done and just reviewing everything for their sakes. It even helps me understand where he is coming from... I'm just frusterated over it lol. I haven't had any issues w/ him yet (MIL is a whole different story) and would like to keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete