Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tired of It

I am tired of losing friends. It seems like the last few years that has been happening right and left for one reason or another.

The worst - My best friend passed away 2 years ago now.

A big part of the rest was leaving college and moving. I'm still friends w/ quite a few people from there, but we only either talk online or on the phone. It's not really the same. On top of that... One of them insulted my family when I got engaged. We still keep in touch but I have a hard time respecting him now... It hurt pretty bad (I may post on that someday actually). Another seems to be slipping away for various reasons.

I guess it wouldn't be as bad if I had a close friend here... and don't get me wrong, I have some good friends here that I'm enjoying getting to know. But none are really all that close either.

So I'm sitting here worrying about losing another friend... and I'll get into that more a little later. I still need time to think before responding to that situation, even on here...

2 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) I totally understand. I feel like I lost all my friends when college ended. I know I didn't, but it certainly feels like it out here. And I had a few close friends here when I moved back to Texas, but by the time I got back things had changed. I'm becoming friends again w/ the new people, but it's such a long process, especially since we were the old people that they'd never met.....

    Whatever happens, I hope you don't lose this friendship that you're worried about.

    ReplyDelete