Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm Such a Bad Mom

Seriously - That's how I feel right now.

After everything today I was feeling really drained so I decided to enjoy a hot bath. I got out the bubble bath, had my husband make me some peppermint hot chocolate and everything.

It went well until the baby woke up crying. Of course he went and got her and changed her (we didn't hook the diaper correctly so she wet herself pretty good)...

But I'm laying there finishing my drink and I hear "mama... mama... mama..."

And of course it just breaks your heart to hear it... But I couldn't go to her until I showered off because you know she's gonna want to nurse and I had the stupid bubble bath on my skin. She cried the entire time too...

I finally got out and to her to find her little face covered in tears.

3 comments:

  1. not a bad mom. Sometimes you ust have to do what you have to do. I am sure it doesn't make it any easier though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally does not make you a bad mom. You have to take care of yourself. I know the feeling though. I always feel guilty anytime I have to leave Alex with Chris because I know he's going to cry the entire time. Kairi just tells me bye, but Alex has such a strong attachment to me that it makes it hard to do what I need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby - Thanks... but yeah, totally not easy lol.

    Steph - Thanks... During the day she's all Baba's, asks for him all day long. Cries if he leaves the room. She'll leave w/ him no problem. But at night all she wants is me. And she is not ready to night wean (I honestly figured she'd stop nursing at night before now). Sometimes it'll only be for a min and I can get her right back n bed, but other times she drinks like she's starving. So I should have known better... if I'd waited until after she woke up... but oh well. I know I need mama alone time lol. I just hate hearing her cry... and the little "mama" was so sad...

    ReplyDelete