Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sense of Humour

I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say that God has a sense of humour... In fact I've said it before myself... Multiple times. And the past couple days have had me thinking that all over again.

First off, I'm not going to get into the craziness that was yesterday... Its on the public/family/whatever blog. But I suppose I'm mentioning it because it does play into where my mind is right now.

But seriously.

Remember back... oh about a month ago? I was talking about what all we were going to do to improve our chances of conceiving this month... I wasn't kidding. I wasn't. This past cycle I've prayed, I've charted, I've stuck my ass in the air afterwards (oh have I not mentioned there might be some tmi in this post?), laid still, used my cup if I had to get up, and even bought cough syrup.

Just in case someone's picking this up late in the game... Cough syrup with Guaifenesin alone (aka original Robitussin or Musinex) increases fertile mucus and can help you get pregnant. Did I really need it? Eh... But doesn't hurt right?

So I start showing fertile signs and start taking the cough syrup... Right away I realize that the cold I had several months back had some lingering effects: I was still congested and just wasn't paying attention. Not good, but its finally going away... Suddenly I'm very glad I decided to go this route.

A week later, with me taking less than recommended for my intentions, I'm still showing fertile signs (at least in that area, looking at the chart other ones pointed to no) and my cough syrup is running out. So much for my plans right?

Beyond that one of my temps dropped extremely low, so my chart looks absolutely off the wall crazy.


And... because I was showing fertile for so long we ended up wearing ourselves out having sex every day! After almost a week of every day (or more) we had no energy, and couldn't even think about it. Unfortunately... I still hadn't ovulated.

Thankfully we got past that just in time lol... and my chart has a happy "best chance" at conception by that last day on the fertility planner part of the program. So we have a shot... I'm hoping...

But I had a little scare w/ that too. On day 2 of my luteal phase my temp dropped (called a fall back temp and means nothing) and scared the living daylights out of me... Plus it moved my info over to where it said "good" instead of "best" which in the end means nothing, but not what I wanted to see...

Yesterday (after the required amount of days to confirm a fall back temp, which I didn't know about yet) I got on... looked up fall back's, was very relieved & got on my chart only to find it told me on the advisory lol. From there I looked at the planner only to find my projected guess date if I did conceive...

On my birthday

So moral of my story here.. Not only does He have a sense of humour... but you have to have one when trying to conceive too lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment