Friday, August 14, 2009

Support of Sorts

I'll go ahead & apologize ahead of time. I just realized that as much as ttc took over this blog, the pg will prob do twice that... But in my defense we aren't telling anyone, so other than yall and like 2 other people - noone knows & I can't mention anything on my other blog.

On top of that (and this gets to today's post too lol) I'm not sure how much support we're going to get on our decisions this time around. I know my family isn't going to say much... Thankfully. His... is another story. I already know my FIL isn't too thrilled with us wanting to have a midwife or use the birthing center. He won't stop us, or try to but still... So I can see a bit of what we're going to be up against...

Thankfully I have a cousin, who already knows, and has always been a huge source of support. She's had two homebirths, doesn't try to push her prefferences or beliefs (at least usually lol) and all that good stuff. So of course I told her right away...

Well, today she asked if we were still planning to go this route and when I said yes I hear "You do realize this means no drugs?" I answer yes and get another comment about how much it hurts. Sigh...

So not the kind of support I'm looking for lol.

(FYI if you're pregnant and you may want to skip this part)

Now, I know that she's been there. I know she did it w/ no drugs and no classes of any sort and that (in her words) it hurt like hell. She also knows that I remember the pain from Kalila... and the pain that my giving into it and getting the epidural cost (much worse). She also knows that we're leaning towards Hypnobirthing this time and that means no watching medical baby shows where everything goes wrong and hearing said horror stories about how painful it is.

I wish I could get her to read the Hypnobirthing book... I seriously wish I could. The concepts in there on pain and fear make so much sense. I could go off on a whole tangent here, but I won't lol.

Is just frusterating...

3 comments:

  1. Giving birth is definitely hard work, but of course you already know that. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will do great, I am pregnant also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do great whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete