Friday, August 21, 2009

Deep Breath

Did I mention we're telling everyone this weekend? Did I mention I'm stinking nervous?

Seriously... My MIL will not take this well... Last night my hubby, BIL & I were talking about it and hearing them voice their thoughts on what she's gonna say, which happen to mirror what I think she'll say.... Did not help things any.

So far the consensus is that she's going to tell us that we're selfish and irresponsible... and that we should have an abortion and go on birth control.

Now have I mentioned what a short temper I've had lately? LOL I already told my husband that if she gets too ugly about it, I'm walking out of there... but I'm still worried. Of course we knew this was gonna be an issue, so its not like its coming out of the blue either.

4 comments:

  1. Awww ... I know that this is going to be hard, but you're doing what's best for your family, and her opinions in the end don't matter. I'll be praying that it goes well this weekend. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would she say that to you? Its not like you guys are irresponsible teenagers. Good luck friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks... and because she thinks having kids period is irresponsible. On top of that she's bipolar and doesn't have a filter, so she tends to say really mean & inappropriate things (esp to my husband). She can be fun when she's in an upswing, but I really dread going over there (or her coming here) because you just never know & I end up on eggshells the whole time.

    ReplyDelete