Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not Again...

You know, I feel bad that I sit here and talk to my mom on the phone.. hearing her cry.. and have no sympathy. That's horrible right?

But seriously... This time its that she didn't get a position because she's straight.

I've heard it too many times... Ok the straight thing is new... but usually its because she's white (errr... claims to be white), because she's a woman, because she doesn't have money, etc...

So I sat here and listened to her say "He made me feel like I don't deserve it because I like men" and I wanted to do nothing more than bang my head against a wall.

The sad thing, or one of, is that peope are discriminated against... and maybe she has been at some point, but I can't take it seriously when she brings it up.. for the 3405830423482342803th time... this month.

3 comments:

  1. That is really strange. Why is she so obsessed with being discriminated against? Is she just looking for an excuse to feel sorry for herself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have no idea... I know she's got problems... She went through a lot when she was younger. But none of it had to do w/ being discriminated against, so I don't see that it would explain this. Part of the victim complex maybe... But still... I just don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that you have to worry about all this stuff.

    ReplyDelete