Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reunions

So today was supposed to be my 10 year HS reunion... that obviously I couldn't go to. What's funny is that not too long ago I would have cussed a blue streak if someone asked if I was going. But no... I actually wanted to go. There was really no way though, 5 hours away, husband working, family reunion next week... and to top it off it was rediculously expensive to register for it. Through in gas & a motel room... Ikes...

So family reunion next week. Looking forward to it all year. I've only missed it once... because I was out of the country and couldn't make it back in time. Husband asked off over a month in advance, did everything he needed too... and they said no. So now he's trying to switch days off w/ someone and hoping and praying someone will. So far 3 or 4 people have said no for one reason or another. He hasn't said if he's asked his mother yet... (yes she works there) I'm not sure if its because he just hasn't or he has and doesn't want to tell me her responce...

Part of me is thinking we really don't need to spend the money... but at the same time I never see my family. Most of them I won't see again until next July. Even my mother... I have no clue when she can make it down here. So its going to be awhile... I'm supposed to be helping out w/ the thing, have promised people I'd be there because we thought we were. So frusterating...

2 comments:

  1. That really stinks. I hope he can find someone to cover him. You shouldn't have to miss your family reunion!

    My high school reunion is coming up too, but I have no desire to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me too.

    LOL I wouldn't have thought I'd want to.. It really surprised me. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete