Monday, June 29, 2009

Books...

Ok my title is horrible, but it'll have to work lol.

I am officially not pregnant... and still w/out my charting program. So I'm very glad I found TCOYF awhile back for $3 because it has blank charts at the back. I don't have to make my own (I can't print any out either obviously) and they're almost exactly like the online ones. I did a refresher reading on making coverlines... because lets face it, I haven't been making them... and I didn't use BBT before so I never had to anyway. Its explained very simply though so I'm not worried about that and is prob good to know I can do it. And being at the back of a big book like that... hopefully it won't get lost too easily lol.

Beyond that.. I finally picked up the adult Bible tonight. Between being exhausted and slightly out of it and picking a random OT book because I don't think I've ever read through it (Nehimiah sp?) and wanted to read one I haven't... Because when I do read the Bible.... I tend to read the same ones over and over. (You wouldn't believe how tempted I was to open it up to Tobit lol...) And starting at the beginning is rough. I think its either Leviticus or Numbers that I get lost in that way... But yeah, this one isn't much easier. Still... I'm glad I did it. Its not too long either... I still need to find a better way to figure out what to read next. But for now... This works.

Not on books of any kind anymore...

But we ended up missing Mass on Sunday. Hanging head in shame... but no hubby working overtime that morning. He really wants to do as much as possible this week so he can get ot on top of holiday pay lol. We did manage to make it to the luncheon afterwards... which was nice. And we have to go this weekend because he's directing. So the baby and I will most likely be out in the fouyer (am I sp that right?). I think I can come to terms w/ that... or am coming to terms with that. Is a good middle ground...

I forgot that a friend of ours really disapproves of us ttc lol. I mentioned it in passing when they were here the other day & the look I got was... wow. Of course her hubby cracked me up at another point because we were talking about future dream homes and how we'd like to grow veggies and have goats & chickens... I explained that w/ 3 of us going through 7 eggs at a sitting easy... it just makes more sense for us to have said chickens (he was talking about the nastiness) because we're hoping to have 6 kids and I can't even imagine how many we'll go through then. But the look on his face about the 6 kids was priceless! In a way I'm used to it, but it still makes me laugh when I get that.

Anyways, its late & I'm off...

6 comments:

  1. Reading is a good beginning ... whether there was a reason you picked it or not, I'm sure that God has something to teach you through it!

    I hope that next Sunday goes smoothly. I'm sure that you need it to.

    And why in the world would your friends think that they even have the right to disapprove of your ttc? And I can just imagine the look on their face about the chickens. LOL ... And I've actually heard that chickens are some of the cleaner farm animals to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm just glad I finally jumped in.

    I don't know why she dissapproves or whatever... but its not the first time she's weighed in on the subject. Before we started trying (but obviously wouldn't use bc) she made a comment about how last time we got pg on our time and the next should be on God's... Which honestly makes no sense to me. We ultimately do leave it up to Him... and she doesn't/doesn't think we should either. Not to mention the fact that we didn't plan our first by any stretch...

    As for the chickens... I don't know how much more or less stinky they are than other animals lol... He did his part in warning us, but we already knew they would to some extent... I can deal with that, esp if we have a section for them like we plan. But the kids were what he flipped over... He's used to smaller families and I guess wasn't expecting us to want "so many".

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 kids? You are a BRAVE woman. Seriously. VERY BRAVE. I used to want 4 kids, but I honestly don't think we can afford 4 kids. Not to mention that my patience is spread thin with two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Believe me there's times I question my sanity on the issue too... esp when the little ones all over the place and I'm stressed or tired or both lol.

    But we both come from big families. He's only one of two, but is dad's one of seven and there's over 350 family members here in town alone. I'm the oldest of five... and while dad's side isn't so big (he's oldest of four) my mom's the youngest of seven too... We're more spread out than his side, but still... almost as big. Throw in that we don't believe in birth control and that its Gods choice how many or few we have... Six is just the ideal we have in our head.

    Affording them... Well... Honestly I don't worry much about that. We can & will manage what we need to (without going on assitance... don't see anything wrong with it, my mom used it for awhile... but we're not comfortable doing so.) as our family grows. Is one of the reasons I do everything I do to cut costs around here and why I won't stop once hubby's out of school and all (which thankfully will be coming up soon).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just realized that may have come out wrong lol. We def will space w/ NFP if we need to financially... was one of the reasons we were doing so until the past few months (that and giving my body time to heal). I just don't see that as a reason I will limit our family size purposly. If it happens as a side effect of that (or any other reason) it happens of course. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband comes from a large family. He is the youngest of 6 children. One of his sisters has 7 kids - and they make it work. Sometimes I wonder how they get by, but they manage. So, I guess you're right. People seem to make do with what they have.

    ReplyDelete