Saturday, June 20, 2009

Experaments...

Fathers Day is tomorrow... (so this gets to come first before the other posts lol) and I wanted to do something special for my husband. First I thought of making him a card and letting the baby help. Still planning on that... Then I decided on a cake. And dinner. He wants steak and salad... Thankfully we're still fully stocked w/ meat and it is possible. The cake... I have not told him about. I want it to be a surprise.

I'm not sure how good its gonna be though. I also wanted to try and make it from whole wheat... because I need to be switching over (and am slowly doing so... is just as hard as I thought) and he said he would with me. So found a recipe and I'm trying it. We'll see. It does sound similar to my grandmothers recipe (that we love) so I'm hoping it'll work! I'll let ya know when we find out...

2 comments:

  1. I hope that the day went great yesterday! And that everyone loved the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! For the most part it did... We haven't cut into the cake, but I did have some off the top and it tastes pretty good. He liked it too. Of course he was just thrilled I made it in the first place lol.

    I wish I could say the whole day was great, but events happened that sent husband into a serious bout of depression (which thankfully he's mostly pulled out of). I may (probably) will write about that later... It put a damper on the day though. I'm just glad he's doing better today...

    ReplyDelete