Thursday, June 25, 2009

What do you say?

Seriously... What do you say when someone is being incredibally dense? Not to mention pushing things a little.

I got this phone call tonight... Completely out of the blue. Great right? Better yet friend is engaged! I'm happy for him... Thrilled even. And normally I would be thrilled to hear that he wants me and my family there at the wedding...

But the wedding is in Israel.

He was nice and did aknowledge that finances being what they are that I can't do it, but that he wants me to pray about it and see if God wants me there. I have no problem with praying about it... But seriously? No, I tried to explain that its more complicated than that, and not to be surprised if we can't make it. I didn't go into the obvious arguments of the legistics of my family going there and what that would mean for us (esp if we were stupid enough to go the easy route and fly in) or the fact that my husband has some real anger issues towards this friend after what he said to us when we got engaged (I'm trying to work through mine over it... because he's been a friend so long and I know we're supposed to forgive. But lets face it that hurt and is hard). What I did mention is the whole ttc thing. Unless we just aren't meant to have a kid anytime soon, we'll either be (hopefully this one) w/ a tiny newborn at that point or pregnant and unable to make that type of travel arrangements. I didn't spell it out that specifically, but did say we're trying and that it may come in the way of our going. To which he replies something about how do I think I know better than God and how I need to just pray about the trip w/ an open mind and listen to Gods plans for me (to go to Israel apparently) instead of fleshly desires. ???

How does he know that God wants me to go there and not have another child? Granted I don't know that He does want us to have one right now... We'll know that when it happens lol. But I'm not going to close myself off to that (esp when we're ready and waiting) to go on a trip that will put us in danger. Part of me wonders what he's thinking...

And of course I would love to go to a friends wedding. I've missed so many. And I would love to see the land where Jesus was born and lived... and hopefully someday that will be possible. I doubt that will be anytime soon though...

But if it is, or if He really wants us there now... that's great. But for a wedding?

3 comments:

  1. Just say you will be praying about it, as you pray about God's plan for your life anyway (if you are like me you at least intend to pray about this even if it doesn't end up happening lol) I am sorry he is pushing.... I can totally understand the multiple reasons why you wouldn't want to go. I Wonder if this friend is thinking it would be a great oppertunity for you to change your mind about Isreal and such.... not that you would... but do you know what I mean? I would hate that if that is the case... but nothing you can do about it either way... you can't go :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would say the same things that you have. Just that you'll pray about it, but unless God opens huge doors, that you don't think you'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys...

    Abby - I really just don't know. That may possibly be what he's thinking. But he's got to know that we won't be treated well there (to put it mildly). And yeah, I do intend to pray about it... I'm just not sure what to pray for exactly lol.

    Steph - Thanks.. That is a great responce.

    ReplyDelete