Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Numb

Is about how I feel right now.

Husband called the unheard of company earlier... Everything is straight on their end now. One of those loans showed online really is non-existant, even in their paperwork. The other was sold to them by Sallie Mae w/out our knowledge... not their fault. They were given a faulty address... also not their fault. They were very nice about it and set up a payment plan and gave him the info to fill out the proper forms to get our tax money back from the government.

Now. Sallie Mae is being called by me tomorrow. Because as I mentioned I was not told... and... They sold it in 07. My last payment was in 07. Forgetting the fact that I set it up that those loans would be in deferment and not due anytime soon... it was not a year between my last payment and when they sold it. Illegal much?

So yeah... That's what's going on with that.

Beyond that...

We're adjusting our budget. Organic foods are out other than milk and the baby's apples. I'm back to white eggs (blech but I'll survive). Absolutely no eating out (we were doing better w/ that, but not great). Cokes are out (possibly down to cans, depends on price). Looking for cheap recipes... A good deal of mine fit, but still. Husband wants to do lots of hamburger helpers... but as cheap as that is (ignoring the health aspect) they really aren't as cheap as he thinks.

I'm not having to go out and get a job immediately... but he wants me to put in an app with the archdiocese. Which is fine... as much as I don't want to leave my child, teaching (or subbing) is much better than some of the other jobs I could get. I did pick up an app at a nearby bookstore though. We'll see what happens with that.

Obviously baby is back on hold... (which, while I know its wrong, has me feeling like I lost one) but since we'd already started trying... I have about ten days before I test. Job is obviously out if I am (his words there) and I have no idea what we'll do. And if I'm not I know I'm going to be pretty out of it for awhile. As it is... I keep reading women talking about finding out they are and stuff on cafemom and.... well obviously I congratulate them but its a good thing its online because like I said... I'm numb.

I dropped out of the SAHM group. Something I should have done before. Its full of drama and clogs up my pages of posts... I end up missing good ones w/ info from other groups. I've thought about it before and finally did it. Was so easy to get caught up in the drama and let things go. I can't do that...

Anyways... I should get to work. I think the cabinet should be dry by now. Need to check it.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the pregnancy being put on hold. When you have baby fever, it is hard to think about anything else.

    ReplyDelete