Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stress

My husband is stressed...

So as you can imagine I have been too. Esp when his stress comes out in really odd ways that ends up w/ me confused or worse us fighting. That's what happened last weekend... or the one before. I don't really remember now honestly. The last few weeks have been a blur lol.

Anyways. Everyone knows I'm really looking to getting pg again... and he is too. We've talked about it quite a bit. Unfortunately now is not the best time (doable, but still not the best) so we're trying to hold off a little longer.. and set a date to start trying... is still a ways away, but is comforting to have an idea right? But we know that ultimately it is not up to us...

This isn't a random subject change btw...

So the other day... whenever it was. I was talking to him about a friend saying that we need to hurry up and get pg so we can be together... (had just found out she was) I was laughing over it and shared it w/ him. And he completely flipped out on me... said not only no (which obviously we're not moving up our date anyway) but that we can't have sex for the next 9 months... afterwards calmed down and said that wouldn't work lol. But the fact that he was so against it to bring up completely abstaining... not to mention moving the date w/ out even discussing it... hurt a little.

So I got upset. We ended up talking about it... and got into a huge fight where he told me that I'm jealous of my friend! Now have I mentioned that I have 8 other friends that are pg right now? Wasn't jealous of them... but this one gets pg (before they wanted to mind you) and all the sudden I'm jealous? So that ticked me off...

We talked again and he apologized for it.. and I did too. I know he's stressed out and has a lot on his plate... and a baby right now would be hard. One reason that as much as I'd love to be pg right now I'm not really wanting to either. And I know he didn't mean it the way I took it either... So yeah...

And then yesterday or the day before he comes up and says he wants another baby. And I know that was coming from being stressed out too, but good grief already! Don't tell me that when you know I want one!

4 comments:

  1. That's hard. I'm sorry. I hate it when either of our stresses ends up causing a fight about something that I thought was settled, but was still a touchy subject. It happens frequently around here.

    And as for the baby thing ... the week after Chris and I finally agreed that we would wait at least a year if not longer before having another kid (he wanted to never, I thought maybe one more time), I found out I was pregnant. Seriously -- a week later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... Stress causes all sorts of issues. I think about the only times we end up fighting are because of it.

    Oh no lol. Gotta love how that happens. Thankfully we're on the same page about wanting more in general (Helps that we have the same beliefs on the subject too). It's just the when that keeps getting thrown around by both of us. But I'm half afraid it'll happen like w/ you and be a complete surprise agian lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe the stress is why you are so tired. :-) its all in Gods hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought of that too lol

    ReplyDelete