Monday, March 30, 2009

Near My Limit

I'll apologize if this makes little sense because I'm pretty out of it. The day started out great... until I checked the mail. You see, we're waiting for our tax return to hit the account. It was supposed to the other day. But today we got a thing in the mail saying that it's being taken by the government and given to some New York Education something or another. Which makes no sense considering we've never heard of this place.

One thing led to another and we find out that Sallie Mae sold off one of my loans to this place without telling us. Several problems with this... They said they did this in 07 because I'd not paid on it... well, on the website it shows that I did up until I quit my job... because I did. I talked to them afterwards and got everything put into deferment (one of them I recently had to start paying on again and have been). Last month when I paid the one that's not in deferment I saw both the others on the website as normal. When we logged on today that one loan was showing I owe $0. That was NOT like that before this month. Yet they "sold" it in 07? In addition to that... when we got on the other website, that was not the only loan listed. There was another loan (for around the same amount) listed as well... Its also listed as coming from Sallie Mae in 06... but I never took that one out! The other loan, plus the two remaining on SM equal out to what I took out for college... There's no reason for that last one! Its absolutely rediculous.

So basically we have to get a lawyer and are trying to straighten this mess out... hoping we get our money back (I know its not that much, but we needed it). I feel horrible about it because it was taken out of my husbands job... wasn't even mine. On top of that, I have to look for a job again... We get to go beg our Church for daycare because we can't really afford it... and I can't seem to find a job here... Even the babysitting job I had fell through. Getting pregnant is going back on hold - although I get to worry about that because we'd already started to try. The worst part of that is I already had my hopes up about that... I was really looking forward to being pg again... and now who knows when it will happen.

1 comment: