Friday, April 3, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Remember a few weeks back or so... I honestly can't tell you how far as I'm still a bit blurry here... but when I wrote about the cry room? I have to share the latest development.

We had a wonderful Sunday.

Because this coming one is Palm Sunday (and the main director has to direct) they switched my husband to directing last week. *Ok over use of the word direct but not sure how to fix that at this point * So I was not looking forward to it. Alone... in the cry room again. Not fun right?

Well... we got there early. He walked us into the room and then walked out and headed over to the choir section.... and the baby flipped out. She started screaming "bye bye" over and over and then randomly would call for him. Then back to the "bye bye's" I tried distracting her with toys.. Nothing worked. All this and Mass hadn't even started.

So I decided to do it. I gathered up our stuff... got the baby... and walked out the door. To the cry room that is. We went and sat over by the choir in the last pew... close enough to the door that I could rush us out if she misbehaved.

She did so much better... There were a few issues. Another choir members family was in the row and her daughter kept trying to play with mine...who doesn't understand how to be quiet yet lol. So a couple times I had to pull the baby off of the girl or shh her for talking. And then another family came on the other side w/ a baby of about the same age... and had a book mine wanted. Lots of pointing and talking occurred. But other than that lol... She sat and drew for a good while and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

It only lasted until the homily though... as my dear husband took her out to the foyer to "keep her quiet" (I think he wanted to walk around honestly). Sometime around then my FIL showed up and decided to take her off my hands... and took her back to the cry room... Where they stayed all of maybe 5 minutes before he brought her back out lol. Unfortunately there was a miscommunication though... I didn't realize he took her up w/ him to receive Communion (the little ones are blessed) and was worrying about getting her back to do so and was pretty frusterated at the end because I thought she'd missed out on that.

Anyways.. I talked to my husband afterwards and we've decided to cut out the cry room... but sit around adults lol... most likely w/ my inlaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment