Friday, April 24, 2009

Sleeeeeeeep

I was going to post about a wasted pg test... Not a complaint.. Seriously. I'm glad I wasted this test. Long story short... between my weird chart and everything I was wondering if I should... and then after nearly passing out a friend asked if I am. I knew it was a pretty slim chance w/ having had a period... (and a neg test a week or two before that) but at that point I figured it'd be safer to check. Test said no. We continue on lol.

Anyways... was going to write a whole post on that.... But now I'm somewhere between shaking my head and wanting to pull my hair out.

If you're on my facebook list you probably understand why. Once agian... Long story short...

My SFIL and his opinions on raising babies. Specifically on sleep issues. As soon as he asked me what time I put her to bed I knew it was coming... because we've gotten into it before when he let her skip a nap at their house until she was so wound up she was bouncing off the walls and crashed in his arms.

I'm sorry but not cool. We dealt with the fall out of that for days...

Now he thinks babies need less sleep that EVERY source I can find recommends... that its common sense. I'm sorry, I just don't see it.... I mean, if she slept a different amount than on the charts and did well... I'd say great. I'm sure some kids do... But w/ her that's not the case. She sleeps somewhere in the middle of what's recommended... Is developing great. Is doing great in general. And when she doesn't... You can tell!

Sorry.. just needed to vent. I know it doesn't matter one way or the other... but his attitude gets to me sometimes. I'm glad we don't have to deal with it often lol.


1 comment:

  1. Sleep is sooooo important. If my kids don't get enough sleep, there is hell to pay. Both of my kids average around about 12 per day (night and naps combined).

    ReplyDelete