Saturday, April 11, 2009

Impatience & Scaring Myself

I'll apologize if this rambles... I'm tired and slightly annoyed with myself.

I told you the test was neg. I was kind of expecting that... despite all the worries and despite getting so upset over it. Unfortunately a combo of husbands comments and my chart saying that I really shouldn't start until today or tomorrow has me still wondering. I know I shouldn't worry and I know I need to wait a week to test... but everytime I log on to my chart to add something I see the number 15 by today and tomorrow highlighted and think "What if I did test too early? I could test tomorrow..." Yes... I could. But I would also be wasting a test because you know if it's neg then I'd be testing yet again in a week... (if I haven't started by that point.. you'd think I would though) in which case I'd need a whole new test! LOL

Impatient much?

Beyond that... my bday is next week. I'm trying to make the menu as Tanzanian as possible... Monday is pretty much out (other than breakfast in a roundabout way) because we're doing leftovers and then my sweet husband is cooking me dinner. But yeah.. searching through stuff and something reminded me of Fanta Passion.

For those of you who don't know this already... I loved the stuff when I was in TZ. I wish we could get it here... I've looked for it for years. But I was at my worst... You got it... While I was pregnant last time. I couldn't think of anything else. I'd sit here for hours and search for the stuff... and I just caught myself doing that. I stopped myself (I've got too much to do) but just barely... My brain is still stuck in this never ending loop telling me I need it. Coincidence? Probably. Most likely. And I will laugh at myself when I find out I'm not... Ok, no I'll probably cry myself silly... and then I'll laugh at myself..

But damn it I need a fanta passion.... Anyone willing to fly overseas?

3 comments:

  1. Awww ... I remember those days. Stressing about whether or not I was pg. Not wanting to see either answer. *sigh* Glad it's you and not me going through it. ;)

    Seriously, though, I am praying for you. I know that whatever is best for your family will happen and that God is taking care of you all.

    Oh, and according to wikipedia, Fanta Passion isn't available in the US. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really anxious for you. I wouldn't be able to handle the suspense - I would have to test again. Of course, this is coming from the same person who took 4 pregnancy tests before I finally believed that I was pregnant with Izzy (and they were all positive).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph - I already knew it wasn't. What I keep hoping is that someone will import them (I've seen one other non US fanta sold in a middle eastern store we shop at here) or an online store that will ship... but so far nothing.

    I've been through the am I am I not before (plenty of times lol) and I was really hoping to have no more stressful ones lol. I can't wait until we're in a place that I can test to my hearts content and not worry if its a good time or not.

    Christy - LOL I tested 2 weeks before neg w/ my daughter... but after our sonogram found out I would have been only days pg at that point and it couldn't have picked it up. I really expected another when I tested again and took it a third time after the first positive, but we weren't doubting it. I remember (vaguely but my cousin confirms it) saying something along the lines of "oh fuck, oh shit" over and over on the phone to her lol.

    Either or - (lol) I'm officially late now any way you look at it. But I'm going to (try to) be good and wait until later in the week to test.

    ReplyDelete