Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hurt & Disappointed

Disclaimer: The first part of this is not related to the title whatsoever.

I like discussing and debating things... especially certain topics. I don't have to agree w/ the person to do so (what fun would that be lol) and I don't expect them to change their view... Is nice if it happens, I won't lie abou that lol, but I don't expect it... and I never go into it with that intent or mindset. That's just me.

Something happened the other day that I thought was amusing (although if you think about it too much or examine it closely, it really isn't) and I mentioned it in passing to a friend.

Disclaimer #2: If said friend is reading this... I mean no disrespect here.. You know I love ya. And I know you were probably just as frusterated on the other end of this.

Anyways. Friend (not fried, apparently I can't type tonight) started asking questions about it... which brought up one of my favourite things to discuss... if not my absolute favourite (safe to say it is). Like I said before, I'm used to discussing this.. Having real conversations about it where we both learn something, grow from the experience and stuff... Not with this friend. So and so told friend this and that is true... so it must be... and any other view is finding loopholes. No research into it... No why do you disagree... and when I tried to explain why we don't believe that way, I get cut off w/ the loophole comment.

I swear I love ya as a friend... but I am reminded why we don't discuss things.

So I'm coming off of that... and am told to contact another friend about some fears that they'll overheat (lol). So we get to talking... I vent a little bit... knowing she'll understand. And then its her turn...

Friend #3 comes up... "friend" of mine, not hers. I use quotes for a reason... because for various reasons I don't know if the word fits anymore (unfortunately that's true for several friends lately... I hate losing friends too... so it really hurts, but that's a post... that's already been written lol). Well, let me add that the other day this friend had come up in discussion when we had a couples night. Was very random, but we were discussing how friendships had changed and whatnot, and this one was true for both me and her husband. At one point, she said she wasn't getting into her issues w/ this "friend", but that she had a real problem with her. I probably would not have heard what it was, but for her vent tonight...

Disclaimer #3: I mention it because, while its not about me... It seriously hurts me and makes me question this friendship even more.

This "friend" has been making ugly comments to her... first not wanting the couple to date, freaking out when they did... and then making a rude remark about "two people like them" marrying (insert two Catholics... his recent conversion before this was an issue w/ her). Tonight... she sends a message saying "I feel sorry for your kids" while inviting her to be her friend on a social network.

???

Igoring the fact that asking to be someone's friend and making such a snide remark... just doesn't make a lick of sense...

You just don't treat people like that! I know the Catholic thing is an issue between us... it has been for years. An ever growing one... Thankfully nothing has been said to my face, at least I think I am thankful for that... (note: I have heard comments passed along, as well as seen her responces when anything vaguely touches the sub comes up) but still... Just awful. And as bad as I know that was for my friend that got the message... because that just sucks... Its one more brick on the wall that shows how she really feels about us.

I'm sorry, but as much as I may disagree w/ someones religion... I would never treat them like that, or feel sorry for their kids, or hope they'd marry out, or rub it in their face when someone leaves their religion or... I could go on, but I'll be nice.

Point being, I give you a level of respect, I expect it back... whether I deserve it or not.

Beyond all that.. I have no idea what to say or if I should. Because I am very disappointed in this person...

3 comments:

  1. I tried to add this last night and couldn't. Sorry if more vague than normal... but I am hoping not to give away who the second person is. Don't think there'd be a point to that, so unless you already know (in which case please don't tell the others)... Now if said person decides to step up, that's a diff story. But for now I don't even know what I'd say to them let alone want to start anything or influence anyone who may know them. Just needed to vent a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They being person #2 that is.. the first mentioned doesn't matter lol. Well, he does, but the situation doesn't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry sweety! I hate how closed minded some people can be.

    ReplyDelete