Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Soon...

I can't believe how quickly Lent is coming up. It's just over a week away... Part of me is excited because it's always been my favourite season. Even better - I should be able to fast this year. I'm still nursing, but it's not like last year when she was barely starting solids lol. But... It'll be the first time in awhile, first I was pg then nursing... I'm a bit nervous about it. Granted I know I'm over thinking it... It's really not hard to go from midnight to noon w/out eating for two whole days that are about 6 weeks apart from each other. The rest of it (no meat on Fridays) was doable even while pg... But on top of all that... I have no idea what else I'm going to do. I always give up soda's so that's a given. I've thought about giving up other sweets but I'm not sure... I also really want to pray the rosary more often. Problem with that is I've failed at that one every year for the past few... Which is why I'm aiming at maybe every Friday during Lent... I don't know... My husband was talking about giving up WOW but he may do that anyway just from lack of time. Sigh...

4 comments:

  1. I'm not Catholic (obviously), but in college I always fasted from Dr Pepper and chocolate as part of Lent. It was a decision that my college minister really encouraged those of us in leadership to make. I had planned to always do so ... but then I was pg two Lents in a row, and then nursing so this would be my first one. I'm definitely nervous about it as well! I have no idea what to give up, and I will admit to not wanting at all to give up Diet Coke and chocolate this year. Although, maybe that would be best.

    Going to spend some time in prayer about that over the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I remember quite a few LCU people would do Lent for one reason or another. It was kinda nice because I didn't feel so alone lol. Good luck deciding... for some reason that week doesn't seem like much time on this end...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.... good luck with this decision making.

    ReplyDelete